Laziness has come over me like poison. I wake in the morning only to want to go right back to sleep. It takes everything that I have to get out of bed and start my day. I don’t just find laziness in the waking hours, but all day long. I sit at my desk surfing the internet looking for something to read only to find myself looking at the same sites over and over. Do I really care to keep up with the Kardashians? Do I really need to know that Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore split? No. But still I read the same bullshit every day, all day.
My name is Vivianna and I am lazy.
I have done nothing to change my laziness because I find comfort in it and I am a little scared for it to go away. I like laying in bed watching Netflix all day or even a whole weekend. Don’t take this as depression- it is just plain laziness.
I have all these things that I want to do like... go back to the gym, cook, sew a dress, knit a sweater, decorate my room, read a book etc…
(image found here)
My one little word for this year was FOCUS, but I am changing it to START.
I am a "tomorrow" kind of person (well for the past few months) and I want to be a "today. right now" kind of person.
Here a 5 tips to get you out of bed and get you moving or cut the "lazy" out of your life.
1. Get up early: Getting your day started an hour earlier than you normally would is great! Not only do you feel more productive by the time you get to work, you have started your day off with a bang! Here are a few things that you can do with your extra hour in the mornin.
* Write a gratitude list
* Do yoga or meditate
* Go to the gym
* Make breakfast and read your book
* Meet a friend for a coffee date
2. Diet and exercise: I know this is on about every list out there to improve your life, but that is because it is very important. Eating right and getting some exercise does wonders on your body, mind and spirit. Not sure where to start?
* Do some jumping jacks
* Dance in your underwear in the morning
* Ride a bike to work
* Pack your lunch instead of eating out
* Eat lots of greens
* Laugh and then laugh some more
3. Set goals: I love writing goals and posting them here on the blog every month. Think BIG and then break your goals down into chucks. You need to think in steps in order to reach your BIG goal. If you make goal that you can never meet then you are more likely to get frustrated and give up. Here are some good link's on goal making.
4. Stop selling yourself short: You need to believe in yourself in order to do anything. If you sell your self short then you are only living half-ass. Jillian Michaels said in her book Unlimited "Learning to believe in yourself is the most important step you will ever take toward unleashing your inner power" That is so true and we need to start believe! She also said " People with positive self-esteem have healthier, stronger connections to others. They know how to set boundaries and express needs, and they value their own contributions to a mutually appreciated partnership"
5. START! Starting is the hardest part and can be overwhelming. Here are a few ways to get you going and staying focused.
* Make daily goals and lists
* Have a timeline and set a timer
* Cut out social media a couple hours a day
* Breathe and forgive
There you have it! I have started to apply all of these to my daily life. I am ready to START!