On Monday (September 9, 2013) I’ll be starting my annual Week In The Life project. I am really excited about documenting my life for a week this year. So much has changed since last year!
Last year, was my first time taking part in this project and I never got around to making an album. I did blog each day. You can take a look at last years... Day One, Day Two, Day Three, Day Four, Day Five, Day Six, Day Seven
I am taking this weekend to prep for this project because this year will be a little different for me. Not only did I get married and we are excepting a baby, but we will be on our babymoon.
What you can expect next week: I will be following along with Ali Edwards (somewhat).
- With my regular blogging, I will post photos, photo counts, journaling, closing thoughts, and a gratitude list.
- I am taking most if not all of my photos with my camera, but with that said you can follow me on Intagram, Flicker, and Twitter.
WHAT TO DO THIS WEEKEND TO GET READY: Taken from Ali's blog
- Download and print out the free Daily Sheets.
- Take a look back through my Week In The Life Archives to see how I’ve approached this project in the past. There are a bunch of different helpful posts for getting in the right frame of mind as you begin.
- Purchase the layered templates (8.5×11 or 12×12) or 4×6 journal cards from Designer Digitals to simplify the process. You can also check out my other everyday life product suggestions or my collection of photos from last year all in one place on Flickr.
- Charge your camera battery. I tend to like to try to use my DSLR (also known as my “big” camera) more during this week.
- Practice using your self-timer so you can get yourself in the pictures.
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT: Taken from Ali's blog
- Getting yourself in the photos. Turn the camera on yourself using the self-timer or get someone else in your house-hold or work to help you out. Get creative with including yourself – how can you document the everyday things you do and include yourself in the photo? I almost always get a photo of myself doing laundry. Glamorous? No. Real? Yes.
- Take photos of the most basic things. Those things that we often take for granted are often some of the things we miss the most if there’s a big change in your life. Think about favorite things in your house, your unmade bed, your desktop (clean or dirty), a favorite wall in your house, the inside of your fridge, etc.
- This is not a race or a competition or a comparison game. This is an opportunity to see your life as it is right now reflected back to you via your own images and words.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY: Taken from Ali's blog
- Join the Week In The Life 2013 Flickr Group to share your daily photos.
- Join the free Big Picture Week In The Life Community here to share your work and communicate with others documenting their week.
- Use the hashtag #weekinthelife on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
I want to do this project 100%, take photos, journaling, make and album and blog.
DESIGN PLAN 2013
I will be using a Vanilla 8.5 inch x 11 inch 3-ring album from We R Memory Keepers. Inside you’ll usually find 9-pocket divided page protectors and 8.5×11 page protectors to have enough pages for a spread each day of the week.
I will als be using Ali's digital products.
These layered template sets include 15 layered templates: one title page, seven daily intro pages, and seven photo collage pages for mixing & matching. Downloaded and printed out the free Daily Sheets
If you want to learn more about this project here are some GREAT links